Skip to content
- Pay rent on time.
- Keep the property clean and free from damage.
- Pay for damages resulting from your own negligence or the negligence of a guest.
- Refrain from taking on additional occupants or subleasing without the landlord’s written permission.
- Allow the landlord to enter the premises to make needed repairs and inspections.
- Follow ALL provisions of the lease.
- Make sure your property is livable and complies with all building and housing codes.
- Make and pay for repairs due to ordinary wear and tear.
- Refrain from turning off a tenant’s water, electricity or gas.
- Provide written notice to tenants when ownership of the property is transferred to a new landlord.
- Not unlawfully discriminate.
- Not raise the rent or change any other lease provisions without giving the tenant proper notice (generally one month’s written notice from the date rent is due unless the lease says otherwise).