- Can you afford the monthly rent and utilities?
- What are the deposit costs and application fees?
- Is the rental unit close to your classes and work?
- Is there off street parking? Is there a bus stop nearby?
- Does the building have adequate security?
- Is the rental unit clean and well maintained?
- Do you control your own heat?
Note: Do not rush into signing a lease. Although many large apartment owners begin fall lease signing as early as January, lots of great housing options are available in late spring and early summer.